Wednesday 2 March 2016

A last hurrah... For now.

Responsible doesn't come in to it.

Tonight will be the last night in a long time - possibly longer than that - in which two people can cackle, take the piddle and just generally be contrary. I know I have a few more nights here but it's the last night of just two people who have spent over four years torturing each other and, at least from my point of view, wouldn't have it any other way.

So this is why we are being so responsible as she has University in the morning and hence drinking two bottles of wine. This is particularly sensible as I'm exhausted and so cold from tiredness that I'm wrapped in a pashmina because that's better than admitting defeat and crawling under the duvet we've dragged all the way from Contrary Towers to here.

I know there are *many* people who don't understand the dynamic of our relationship and, like all the best anecdotes, you have to have been there for it to make sense. But whatever you think, whichever way you put it, however much you disapprove.

Responsible doesn't come in to it.

1 comment: