|Rake in action, err...|
|Watering for ladies...|
As an experiment I planted peas, broccoli, carrots and beetroot and sadly it
So the things I have learned so far:
1. Proper tools are quite important. No, kitchen implements are not adequate
2. You can never dig over the ground too many times
3. Oh. Add the bone meal *before* you start digging. Also ensure flatmate ISN'T down wind when scattering it
4. Put labels on your plant rows
5. Put your plants in rows
6. Ignore the plan
7. Seeds are pretty and very small
8. Get down to the garden centre before the hoards did, probably a few weeks back
9. Growing stuff isn't a cheap option
10. Cutting and eating your own, first crop of lettuce is an epic feeling!
It turns out my flatmate doesn't like getting dirty but she provides emergency lemonade. Which is a win.