Monday 23 July 2012

Whilst the cat's away...

Sunday didn't quite work out as expected, but was still lovely. It was nice to wander about, take a walk down the tow path, do the shopping (buying my own flowers, again) and generally feel at one with the world. That was until I got the munchies, made fish cakes (again) and worked my way rather decadently through a bottle of fizz.

Quite naughty really.

Not sharing...
To be fair, I did avoid having an even more decadent afternoon owing to the gentleman friend I had been planning on seeing being struck down with man flu. Or something nearly as serious as that. So I got away with it quite lightly.

That was until late in the evening when the snack monster hit big time and I had to eat hash browns. Had to. Yes. That bad. I did feel delightfully disgusting afterwards but knew that my punishment would come with the morning light...

It did.

89.8kg, urk. That will be the result of little exercise for two days, naughty food, Limehouse Half Cuts, and champagne. That or I shouldn't have sucked that lime. That'll be it! Not the best of starts for a week when I was expecting to be a lady of leisure(ish) for at least part of it. I did realise this morning that maybe the one upside of being in Notting Hell was I walked an awful lot. Hmmm.

Legs still hidden...
Anyway. I've had a nicely relaxing day, I have been working, I've done two loads of washing, I've cleaned the windows and I even managed a lay in the sun followed by a doze on the settee. I didn't though have a telephone interview I was supposed to be having as the client didn't confirm or something, and I'm still waiting to hear from megacorp, but I'm not too concerned with that as I know they are holding further interviews. I would like the role though, it's only two and a half miles walk from Contrary Towers which will solve the issue of the O word as well as guaranteeing me five miles a day walking.

I haven't been for a swim though, Limehouse Cut is a bit dodgy now owing to the huge increase in water traffic for the O thing, and Mile End Leisure centre pool may not be as enticing as the one my lovely flatmate was making like a mermaid in earlier. I have though got a glass of delightfully warmed red and I'm about to do something unspeakable to non-Portobello Road Portobello mushrooms so all is largely well in the world. Still.

Oh yes. How could I forget! I've won a pair of tickets to the Volupté Lounge on Wednesday! As my flatmate is annoyingly unavailable I've found a gentleman friend to be my chaperone for the evening. This I am very much looking forward to...

No comments:

Post a Comment